Why Work Here
The Pacific Northwest is home to hundreds of miles of incredible coast line, awe inspiring forests, majestic mountains and more. We call Portland, Oregon our home and we think you might love it as much as we do. A vibrant and bustling downtown, home to global brands and exciting startups, our town thrives and continues to grow. Christenson is an integral part of keeping Portland electrified. We have served this city for over 70 years. We have expanded to meet the needs of the industry in our region and our electrical fingerprint is embedded in the industrial DNA of the Rose City. Business, art, entertainment and more – this city has it all.
Come help us grow the electrical infrastructure of the city Forbes Magazine ranked as “The Best Place for Business and Careers” (Forbes.com October 2017)
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The Sales Manager is responsible for establishing the sales targets to meet the company objectives. He/She is responsible for delivering strategic sales plans based on the goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization.
As a key member of the management team, the Sales Manager will be responsible for implementing a strategic plan that will generate revenues, create new opportunities for business, and help the company capture market share in our markets. The Sales Manager will keep morale high and will bring energy and passion to Christenson Electric. He/She will continue to increase in importance as sales growth creates more purchasing power, new product opportunities and additional avenues to promote the overall brand. Therefore, the challenge for the successful Sales Manager candidate is to develop strong relationships, develop and champion a vision for the functions he/she leads, and to propose the strategic direction and priorities/goals, as well as establish metrics to measure progress while helping Christenson Electric understand and embrace this future direction.
This is an excellent opportunity for a values-based, dynamic, creative, hands-on leader to develop an effective strategy that achieves quality, growth and business objectives while remaining consistent with Christenson Electric’s message. The Sales Manager will possess a wide range of experience and interest in developing sales strategies as well as personally leading the implementation of those strategies in an entrepreneurial culture.
Success will be measured by quality of service, financial performance, and establishment of process and systems infrastructure to support scalability. Success will require a balance of strategy and of building process and structure while maintaining a hands-on “do whatever it takes” approach to succeeding in the short-term. A key component of success will be scoping and leading the efforts to establish the systems and processes required four our business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is directly responsible for leading the Christenson Electric sales force and is responsible for all sales employees within the organization.
Establish Sales targets to meet company objectives and deliver organic growth between 5 and 20%.
Direct implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
Work in collaboration with Christenson Electric executive team to promote growth and penetrate existing markets.
Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis.
Develop and implement selling strategies and sales training.
Build, develop and manage sales team capable of carrying out sales and service initiatives.
Asses the existing bench and make necessary improvement within the sales team to ensure short-term targets are met with a focus on long-term sustainable results.
Identify, hire, coach, and develop future leaders within the organization.
Partner with management team to ensure the best possible service and effective communications with Christenson Electric customers.
Develop annual sales plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
Ensure that communications are coordinated and that they support sales plan objectives and meet organization expenditure requirements in conjunction with Marketing.
Build a high-performance team by establishing a high standard of performance/results, providing impactful feedback and holding all accountable for achieving results with integrity.
Create a culture that recognizes, and rewards results and is committed to the ongoing development of talent.
PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· Bachelor’s degree highly desired and equal consideration will be given to those with a strong track record of results.
· Must possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suites.
· 8+ years of progressive leadership responsibility in sales; must have relevant industry experience.
· Ideal candidate will be a “high-energy” driver of the sales team balanced with a professional presence to work across all business functions.
· Natural, confident leader with the demonstrated ability to implement and sustain high standards of practice.
· Team Player with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within all levels of the organization and with customers.
· Strong track record of partnering with HR to identify and recruit top players in sales.
· Excellent leadership, communication planning, organization and problem solving skills.
· Strategic hands-on consultative and collaborative approach.
· High level of personal integrity, ethics, initiative, and strong interpersonal skills.
· Previous successful experience in implementing a CRM solution (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Zoho, Membrain, Pipedrive, etc.) highly desired.
CRITICAL TRAITS FOR SUCCESS
· Creates an environment that supports and motivates the team members to reach performance goals by expressing expectations, giving feedback, coaching and mentoring as needed.
· A passion for Coaching, Motivating, Accountability and Recruiting.
· Aggressively pursues business objectives.
· A strong track record of hiring, coaching, and developing a sales team.
· A deep foundation in consultative selling.
· A firm grasp on a milestone centric sales process that can be implemented and executed across the sales team.
· People-oriented management style with an intense desire to understand what motivates each sales person.
· Must have a strong customer service ethic. Overall, the company seeks a team leader and builder who can interact effectively at all levels.
Depending on the skills and experiences of the individual we hire, we are anticipating a competitive base salary, outstanding bonus opportunities and strong benefits to include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k matching program, vehicle allowance, paid vacation and holidays and dependent scholarships; relocation assistance if needed.
If you are qualified and interested in being considered as a candidate for this great opportunity, please submit your resume to, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, feel free to reach out to Human Resources Manager, Joanne Gaspari at email@example.com.
Lighting Project Manager
Christenson Electric is seeking a Lighting Project Manager with a high degree of electrical and lighting experience. Our Lighting PM will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of retrofit projects, lighting services and lighting control systems. Strong ability to manage multiple customer base, scheduling and management of crews is essential.
This position requires an individual who can carry out multiple tasks, guide and direct manpower while maintaining a level of motivation, flexibility, and consistency. The Lighting PM candidate should be a self starter and can handle themselves in a professional manner in all situations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is directly responsible for leading the Christenson Electric Lighting Team and is responsible for all lighting technicians within the organization.
Work in collaboration with Christenson Electric Service Team to help promote and maintain customer base while promoting safety and productivity of the project.
· Service existing customers while promoting new customers.
· Partner with management team to ensure the best possible service and effective communications with Christenson Electric customers.
· Organize and coordinate material, tools and equipment in order to perform jobs safety and efficiently.
· Identify, hire, coach, and develop lighting technicians.
· Build a high-performance team by establishing a high standard of performance/results for our customers.
· Expertise in lighting, retrofit and service mechanics
· Minimum of 5 years in the Electrical field
· 2-4 years project management experience
Application deadline for this position is April 5, 2019.To submit a resume or to seek additional information, contact Human Resources Manager, Joanne Gaspari at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for the following positions:
Administrative support for several Project Managers. Coordinate and create accurate invoices to our customers for Time and Material jobs and/or Fixed Price. Data entry of job accounting information. Job set up and tracking. Some account receivable processes including collections and managing aging on accounts. Knowledge of the Construction industry a huge plus.
We have an ongoing interest in adding exceptional candidates to our Project Manager team. Are you a qualified and experienced individual with a passion for your work and a keen eye for detail? Christenson could be your destination for a new opportunity. We strive to staff our company with the best people. Our commitment to getting the job done right and maintaining customer relationships is second to none. Our Project Managers are an integral part of our daily operations. Oversight of staff and projects requires a focused individual. If you are a capable professional in the electrical industry and want to join a team that’s built the electrical foundation of our region, contact us today to explore an opportunity with Christenson Electric.
Our Lighting Division is growing! This sector of our industry has seen a steady rise and we are adding new team members frequently. Lighting Technicians should have experience in the electrical or mechanical fields. Are you energetic, hard working and motivated? A Lighting Technician position with us might be the right fit for you. We offer industry standard compensation and benefits, and the opportunity to work with one of the Northwest’s premier electrical contractors. Contact us to see if you can grow your career in this rapidly expanding industry.
Because of our impact and continued growth in the High Voltage Industry, we are currently recruiting for a High Voltage Estimator/Project Manager. This position would specialize in distribution Substation work. Our Project Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management to assigned projects in a safe, profitable and timely manner, while being consistent with our committed values and standards.
If you would like to join our team for one of the above positions please email your cover letter and resume to the following email address: email@example.com
For more Job Listings please visit our LinkedIn page.